Important History of QCRM
Henry Hustedde started in the concrete construction business in 1906. Materials were first delivered with a horse and wagon, and the concrete was mixed on-site with a small hand-cranked mixer.
In April 1952, Henry's son, Frank took the challenge of managing a newly incorporated Clinton County Ready Mix, located in Breese, Illinois. At that time, the rock, sand and water were loaded in a truck from an overhead bin on the plant. Then, twenty bags of cement weighing 94 lbs. were set on a blade, cut in half, dumped into a hopper and augured into the 4 yard mixer truck to create a typical 5 bag mix. The first ready mix concrete truck purchased for Clinton County Ready Mix was a 1952 International gas powered truck with a 4 cubic yard Jaeger Mixer.
Today, the business is known as Quad-County Ready Mix and is controlled by Frank's son, Herb. Herb's wife, Carol, along with sons, Neil and Kent, have all taken an active role in the development of the company.
Although the process involved in the manufacture of concrete has changed, the strong family values, dedication to high quality standards, and the dedication to excellent customer service have not changed.